[ale] Ubuntu for AMD64

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Sun May 6 12:02:15 EDT 2007

I'm running Debian Etch on an AMD 64, and it is pretty well developed. I
use Ubuntu on most of my computers, but have the Etch machine just to
keep up with that system.

I haven't found any of the 64 bit distributions that are as fully
developed as their 32 bit equivalents for use as a normal desktop
environment.

The operating systems themselves seem to be very well developed, but the
interfaces are lagging a bit due to trying to make the 64 bit
applications have the same look and feel as the 32 bit ones.

Dan