[ale] SUSE software update not working

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Fri May 4 11:20:39 EDT 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007 09:22:30 am Dow_Hurst wrote:
> Paul,
> I've found under 10.2 that zmd worked okay. ?To reduce the footprint I
> stopped using zen and started using the you update applet. ?Either way, the
> opensuse update problems in 10.0 and 10.1 are fixed. ?If a repository isn't
> available then the update functions won't work right no matter which update
> method you use. ?I've had problems in the past with smart, zmd, and any
> update process when a third party repository or main repository was
> offline. Dow

I'm still a little confused as to how it all works together, but I also echo
your issue about repositories being offline make it crash.
thanks to another email, I tried "you" from a command line and it worked fine.
I think part of my problem was my router, When I updated the firmware on my
netgear wgr614 it stopped working correctly. It no longer passed https
info... I think things have settled down now !

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800