[ale] SUSE software update not working

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed May 2 12:54:36 EDT 2007

My opinion? Give up on it until at least 10.3. I had OpenSUSE
installed on my grandfather's machine because I thought it would be
easier to administer from afar. But ZENworks was so frustrating that I
never did any updates. Not a week after I moved in, I loaded Arch
Linux on his machine. Now it boots in about 10 seconds (instead of
about 50) and I don't have to fight with the package management.

So, yes. Tell the Zen Updater to stop loading on startup and continue
using smart for updates.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/