[ale] System losing memory

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed May 2 08:44:18 EDT 2007

With top -b he sees it all so I don't think it is on another page.

I had this problem in the past.  It turned out to be a driver that was
not doing a kfree() for each kmalloc().  The only fix was to restart the
system to free the memory.

If you go into single user mode do you get that memory used back?

Try pmap and see what each process is using.