[ale] posting

mvawter at idr-inc.com mvawter at idr-inc.com
Tue May 1 09:57:15 EDT 2007

I  have 3 + Red Hat Enterprise Linux Opportunities in the Downtown ATLANTA
area.  Please email resumes / phone numbers to mvawter at idr-inc.com. These
are all permanent opportunities.

Job Title:      System Administrator - RED HAT ENTERPRISE/ APACHE  -
Permanent 39-42k / year / More senior Position - up to 62k

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:  The System Admin-CMO will administer of multiple operation systems in a
large multi-domain environment. Monitor systems for performance and
capacity planning. Assist in the distribution of newly developed software,
features, changes, etc., to MS technology based machines. Review error and
audit logs. Perform system restores and form backups as necessary. Work
with vendors, I.T. staff, and end users to troubleshoot problems with
server applications. Translate systems needs to development programmers to
assist in the guidance of their projects and assist in scripting and
coding of applications or performance scripts. Assist in policing our
usage policies (spam, porn, warez, eggdrop bots, etc.) and work with
customers and sales to find a resolution to the issues. Perform preventive
maintenance on servers. Perform migrations of customer data as needed to
maintain balanced loads on systems. Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Will have all the administrative access to a production server that is
required for resolving all issues.  Serve as liaison and main point of
contact for the Products and Technology group(s), providing information
regarding server health, product issues and fixes, recommendations and
system performance.

Special Requirements (if any):  Perform administration of Unix/Linux and/or Microsoft/IIS based machines
in a large multi-domain environment.  Knowledge of UNIX and/or Microsoft
commands/utilities including but not limited to Apache or IIS, FTP,
telnet, ssh, SMTP, POP, IMAP.  Familiarity with most basic system
administration tools and processes.  Able to work with
networked/distributed computing environment concepts.

Physical Demands:  The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.

While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 15
pounds.

Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job.  Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions.

The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.

SR. LINUX ENGINEER- UP TO 84K (must have redhat enterprise engineering
experience!)
We are an industry leader in the financial/transaction-card industry.

We have an immediate need for a Sr. Linux Engineer in our Downtown office.

This position is part of our Infrastructure team of 10.  Successful
candidate will be the Lead/Sr. Engineer for our Redhat Linux environment
(Enterprise 3 & 4, some Solaris).

This person will have the option of working from home every other week and
will also be on call one week per month.
Redhat Linux Enterprise 3 & 4
Solaris
VMWare preferred
Strong scripting skills