[ale] OT: Merging old version with upgrade

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Sat Mar 31 22:10:56 EDT 2007

I realize that this is way off topic, but it is for software that will
be running as a guest on a VM with the Host OS being Linux. Well anyhow
here goes. I seem to remember some software that would create a stand
alone install CD of an upgrade package. I have M$ Office 97 full install
  and M$ Office 2K upgrade. Currently inorder to install Office 2K I
have to install 97. Then the 2K install removes 97 before installing
itself. This software supposedly would combine the 2 CDs as one
standalone install for 2K, or probably modifies some file on the CD so
that it skipped the verification of the earlier version and just
installs the new & improved (cough, cough, gaag, burwaaaaaaaapppppppp!
(See burping is an art form)) version. I tend to crash & burn my M$
guest OS's a lot.