[ale] Comcast speeds

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:02:24 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 13:24 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> Interesting.  I run OpenWRT on the router, and I block DHCP pushes via
> iptables.  My DHCP address is only requested by the router every 6 (or
> was it 12?) hours.  But, I've only been running OpenWRT for a few
> weeks,
> so I'm not 100% sure that Comcast won't hiccup on this, wrt the DHCP
> push blocking, down the road.

I don't block anything like that on my OpenWRT router, myself.  I just
have kept the same IP address, even throughout power outages.  I figure
it is because the DHCP client requests the last obtained address before
accepting a handout from the server.

    ? Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!