[ale] Dell and Linux

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Mar 29 09:44:52 EDT 2007

Step wrote:
> Looks like Dell is really responding to the overwhelming community
> feedback on Linux support:
> http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/03/28/9655.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage
> <http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/03/28/9655.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage>

I find it interesting there's so much hoopla about Dell and Linux.  I
guess it's about workstations not servers, 'cause at my last employer we
were delivered a couple of Dell systems with RH7 installed (5 years
ago?).  Not a special order, but an off the shelf package.  While their
engineers were probably not as familiar with Linux as Windows, we never
had a problem with their support.  They gave us enough info to solve all
the problems we had.

Jim.