[ale] How do I get to run level 3? Ubuntu 6.10

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Mar 28 23:35:02 EDT 2007

My comment about "funny looks" was meant to be humorous about using the lowest multi-user runlevel to do everything - not a slam against Ubuntu.

Having said that I don't find anything funny about rpm/yum/up2date which I prefer greatly to apt/aptitude et al in Debian based distros.

RedHat/Fedora work fine for everything we use Linux for.  We just got Oracle eBiz R12 loaded successfully on FC6 despite the fact that it isn't "supported" by Oracle (the latest they show is RHEL4).

As Johnny Storm says:  Flame on!