[ale] Comcast speeds

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:27:19 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 18:35 -0400, H. A. Story wrote:

> They have it on the website as I am sure you know by know as Speed
> boost.
>
> What I really want to know is??  Do they still block ports that would
> allow me to remotely connect? Static IP addresses??  blah blah..

I have never had issues with any ports being blocked, in- or out-bound.
Also, while they don't strictly speaking offer static IPs to consumers,
if you have a non-braindead DHCP client that continually keeps your IP
address for you, it will never change.  I have had mine for two years,
even though power outages and the like, because my router will ask for
this address specifically.  I'd only lose it if I lose the lease and
someone else yoinks it... but that hasn't happened since we moved into
where we are now.

    ? Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!