[ale] Gentoo's emerge

hbbs at comcast.net hbbs at comcast.net
Tue Mar 27 17:18:56 EDT 2007

David -

First, make sure you've done an emerge --sync to update your Portage tree.

If you've already done that or after you've done that, and you still have problems, it may be that that particular version of that particular package is masked for PPC.  Check the Gentoo Portage guide (just Google "gentoo portage") for how to manipulate the /etc/portage/package.* files to unmask packages/versions for a given architecture.

- Jeff

From: David Hamm <ale at spinnerdog.com>
To: ale at ale.org