[ale] Vista vs Linux

Step random4444 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 14:19:34 EDT 2007

I guess interpretation of my statement depends on whether you consider many
distros using the same kernel and/or similar packages to be "one OS".
Either way, were it based on free and open standards I find it hard to
believe one OS could ever own 90% marketshare - that is really only possible
in the computer world through unethical and proprietary means (ahem
*microsoft*), since one size most definitely does NOT fit all.

I won't argue the Microsoft / Apple / Sun points - I doubt this is even the
correct place for that discussion.  :)  Plus I have very little relevant
knowledge compared to most everyone on this list.  :D