[ale] Best Buy acquiring Speakeasy

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Mar 27 13:50:36 EDT 2007

I am digging for alternatives to replace the dozen or so Speakeasy setup
I manage. I can't stomach the idea of putting money into Best Buy
coffers. I find that company to be as business slimy as Micro$oft.

And Tyan got bought out by a tremendous manufacturing company.
http://www.tyan.com/newsroom_pressroom_detail.aspx?id=1190

If SuperMicro gets bought I will just have to sit down and cry for a
month. Tyan makes the best motherboards and SuperMicro runs a very close
second. Any changes in what they do or how they operate will be very
unlikely to produce better quality products.

All we need now is merger between AOL and Earthlink and then a buyout by
Comcast.

THAT would be a horror show!