[ale] I have 1/2 susccess with wirerless

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 21 15:11:14 EDT 2007

Do you have Wireless Assistant or Wi-Fi Radar installed? Either of them
will be of help to you.

Make sure that your SSID is set correctly, and that the system is set up
for the correct key, etc.

This is one place that I found that with 6.10, I had to toggle something
in the network setup each time I tried to connect to a network. It might
be (like I did a lot) the encryption method, or something similar, but
something had to be toggled (in my experience with the Atheros radio)
every time. Once I did that, it connected immediately.

One of the other Ubuntu users on here may have more direct experience
with that particular wi-fi card, but in general, everyone who I know who
is using Ubuntu on a laptop has been able to get the wireless going
without a lot of fussing. Once you know what works, it's a very friendly
and reliable OS for a laptop.

Dan