[ale] OT fairtax isn't

dmcnash at charter.net dmcnash at charter.net
Fri Mar 16 21:57:23 EDT 2007

I tried the taxgeek software and I like it.  It has a few rough edges.
I could not get it to generate the forms on my desktop machine because I could not get the perl modules in the right places ( I don't know perl that well).
I moved it to my laptop where it ran just fine.

Another problem was it put my Sch C-EZ data on a regular Sch. C form (where the lines should have been on the EZ form) so the result makes no sense. It aslo smashed the text together on the Sch.B left hand lines since the input is not length limited.

Other than that it is easy to use and the numbers look good (I have not checked it yet).  It took me about 20 min to enter a moderatly complex data set and print the forms (not including the hours it took me futzing with the perl module system).
--
dmc