[ale] Network profiles - OT fairtax isn't

Matt Kubilus mattkubilus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 16:40:40 EDT 2007

On 3/16/07, Jeff Lightner <jlightner at water.com> wrote:
> Having been an accountant in my past life I know there is plenty of work
> to be done outside of taxes.   As to lawyers - Shakespeare had the right
> idea.
>
> I said 30% because currently I'm paying 33% just in salary taxes.

I assume your saying your in the 33% tax bracket, this doesn't mean
your paying 33% on all you salary.  This is a common misconception of
the tax system you are paying 0% on your income in the first bracket,
15% on your income in the second bracket, etc.  Above a certain point
it's the same tax percentage.  You only pay more tax on the portion of
you income that falls in that bracket.  Pretty fair if you ask me.