[ale] [OT] Re: The world didn't end

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 13:32:58 EDT 2007

On 3/11/07, Jay Finch <retief at larp.com> wrote:

>  Doesn't the Mayan Calendar end around that time too?  Coincidence? ;)

2012 for the Mayan cycle end -- however (donning pedant cap), the
belief that it is the end of the world is not accurate, according to
my sources.  It's just the end of one of the major cycles, and the
alarmists are not counting the larger cycle the Mayans had.

>  Brian J. Dowd wrote:
>

>  No the world didn't end for Unix users.
> Yet.
> It ends in 2038 :-)
>

>  Amazing all of my UNIX/Linux systems successfully transitioned to the
> new EDT without a problem AND my lights and cable are still on.
>
> Hell even my unsupported SCO (I know) UNIX box' bizarre fix for
> unsupported version worked as did my unsupported HP-UX 10.20 servers.
>
> If only I could have figured out how to automatically change the dam
> AS400 times I wouldn't have even had to have gotten up tonight.

Pete Hardie
--------
Better Living Through Bitmaps