[ale] OT - Job Opportunity in Alpharetta

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Sat Mar 10 15:02:58 EST 2007

Back when I was doing contract programming, if I got multiple offers
with a similar rate, I usually picked the one that added something
to my resume.

About 10 years ago, a large Dutch company offered me good money to
do Unix SysAdmin in Metro Atlanta.  I thought that SysAdmin was beneath
a programmer who could hack the Unix kernel.  I took the job figuring
that the SysAdmin'ing would add to the resume.

The "big shop" experience was good for me.  I got my first taste of
Linux "on the job" and it helped me to transition into doing Security
work, which is just high-powered SysAdmin for the most part.  That kept
me working after the crash of 2000 when NOBODY was working.  And a few
of my clients mostly want basic SysAdmin work too.

Bob