[ale] amavis + tripwire

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 21:31:42 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 02:09 +0000, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> OK. So it's internal to tripwire. I just looked and I don't see where
> the "To:" field is set up so I'm at a loss where to look.
>
> Is this the commercial tripwire or the open source version?

Open source version that ships w/ Debian Sarge.  The "From:" is
tripwire@<hostname> and "To" is "root at localhost".

The issue is that email to root from elsewhere passes amavis, but from
tripwire it has the MIME-Version msg header error:

  <root at company.com> (expanded from <root>): host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]
    said: 554 5.6.0 Message with invalid header rejected, id=12286-01 -
    Improper use of control character (char 0D hex) in message header
    'MIME-Version' (in reply to end of DATA command)

-Jim P.