[ale] NSA & AT&T spying on U.S. citizens

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Fri Jun 29 21:31:15 EDT 2007

Michael B. Trausch wrote:

> Personally, I would be entirely in favor of mandating that all
> pornographic web sites be moved to their own top-level.

I agree that would be nice.  But how would you enforce it?
The problem of enforcing such a restriction seems isomorphic
to blocking all the ad hoc site names in question under the
current domain system.  Enforcement of such a domain-name
mandate would put that technical task squarely in the hands
of the government, which doesn't seem likely to be any more
efficient at it than the rest of us.

-- JK

--
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be
dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens