[ale] CSS And HTML mail

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Jun 28 10:12:31 EDT 2007

I'm using Evolution to test sending HTML mail to email clients.  Does
Evolution process CSS correctly?  Should I even use CSS?

Here is a sample that I've received:

--====1183038967====

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<TABLE border="1">
 <TR>
 <TD style="font-weight: bold;" color="#000000">Buffer Contents of:
Meridian_Opt.11</TD>
 </TR>
 <TR>
  <TD><TEXTAREA cols="80" rows="25" style="color: white;
background-color: black">NO DATA!</TEXTAREA></TD>
 </TR>
</TABLE>
</BODY>

The Buffer Contents... text is not bold.  I've tried adding the CSS
directly into <STYLE> but that failed too.  It also seems like if I have
errors on the HTML that evolution will not even attempt to render it.  I
get an email but nothing is displayed in those cases.
The test area is also not colored.  I guess Evoltuion ignores that stye?