[ale] MBA schools

Michael B. Trausch michael.trausch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 21:51:43 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 21:28 -0400, Brandon Colbert wrote:

> I have talk to upper management where I work, and the advise I got
> from the VP was, "knowledge is only what you make of it." If you know
> what you are doing, and have the skills to bring new ideas to a
> company, know ones is going really question your education.

I have tended to find that the opposite is true; the reason that I am in
college now is that it was pretty close to impossible for me to get a
job that I wanted.  In many cases, I could only speculate who got the
job, but in a few cases, I lost out to someone who had just come out of
college with little to no experience or real working knowledge.  This
was frustrating to me.

> I do run a small IT consultant company that I am expanding, so that I
> can hopefully leave the "corporate slave world" one day. I figure that
> an MBA will give me the knowledge I need to be make my company
> successful, and it will make me more marketable in the corporate
> world. I know zero about accounting and finance, I just started
> migrated to GNU Cash. LOL.  Although I which GNU Cash was web based,
> like SQL Ledger.

I tolerate GnuCash at this point, and I certainly can't figure out SQL
Ledger.  There are lots of programs out there that fall short of what
they should, and others that go way overboard (like SQL Ledger, IMHO; I
can see that being useful for a mid- to large-sized business, but not
personal finance or even small business).  What's missing is the perfect
program.  Eventually, though, something will come out that is that
perfect, flexible program.

    --- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!
Support free speech---it is the most valuable freedom we have!