[ale] disposal of old computer parts

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 15:00:45 EDT 2007

On 6/26/07, Brian W. Neu <ale at advancedopen.com> wrote:
> I have a client that has old computer stacked up in their office, afraid
> of environmental regulations concerning computer disposal.  I was just
> told that a store in Forest Park would take them, charging me $8 each.
> I live in Marietta and it would cost me $20 in gas to get there, so is
> there a better option that doesn't require me shelling out money and
> driving across town?

US Micro Systems is in Marietta can scrub / recycle old machines.  If
you only have one, they may not be able to work with you.  If you have
1,000 they definitely can.  I think they do about 30,000 a month iirc.
 (That includes doing a wipe of the drives to ensure no proprietary
data gets out.)

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer