[ale] OT - Non AT&T landline

Ken Alexander kenry at alexandertech.biz
Tue Jun 26 12:57:44 EDT 2007

I tried Supra Telecom a few years back. At the time they were the only
company in my area to offer unlimited local and long distance flat
rated. I had 2 problems - 1. The customer service was even worse than
BS/ATT. 2. There seemed to be a disconnect between BS and Supra at that
time. Things like line provisioning, or troubleshooting line problems
took twice as long.

As far as emergency situations go - I've been in several emergency
situations where phone service went first. Also if there is an emergency
and there are a large number of people without electricity etc., then
you'll probably end up getting "All circuits busy" even if you do have
phone service. I say this based on experience, but I spent most of my
life in south FL. Things may be different here in GA.