[ale] VHS to DVD?

John Clinton jjarrettc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 02:51:14 EDT 2007

Chuck,

I have done this with the Hauppauge PVR350 cards.  They work well under
Linux.  Feed the output of the VCR into the input of the Hauppauge card.
The Hauppauge card has a hardware based encoder which will burn a mpeg2 file
in real time.  It worked pretty well for me.  I found the hardware based
encoders where preferred since software based transcoding really eats CPU
(and time).

Regards,
John