[ale] OT: License restrictions (reasons why?)

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Jun 25 16:24:58 EDT 2007

As seen in another post they DO talk about aircraft etc... elsewhere.

Maybe they specifically mention nuclear in the EULA because of some
arcane national security or NRC regulation that prevents ANY export of
items designed for Nuclear power plants.   You'd be surprised at some of
the bizarre regulations that are out in the world.  When I went to India
in 98 right after they and Pakistan detonated nuclear devices it was
quite amazing what the export restrictions were for software even for
our Mobile Telephone billing solution.

Or maybe they put it there because they hoped Dubya would read it and
stumble over the word since it doesn't have the u between c and l as he
says it. :-)