[ale] BellSouth/ATT DSL

Michael B. Trausch michael.trausch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:57:15 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 10:47 -0400, Alex LeDonne wrote:

> Speakeasy sent a modem first (as a troubleshooting step since they
> couldn't talk to the old one) and asked more questions later. Then,
> since we were >1yr with them, we were able to re-up for a 1yr contract
> and get the replacement modem free. The premium service (no ports
> blocked, no restrictions on how I use the bandwidth I pay for, fixed
> IP, great techs, free hardware, etc) is worth every dollar.

I do like that I don't have restrictions on my bandwidth (other than
reselling it).  I don't resell it anyway, so that's not a problem for
me.  And my IP address has been the same for nearly two years now.

Other than that, I pretty much categorize Comcast's customer service
like I do Sprint's:  If you have to call them, and you know anything
about networking and computing, it is a frustrating time unless you get
just the right person.

Luckily, I do not have to call them often.

    --- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!
Support free speech---it is the most valuable freedom we have!