[ale] Open-source software license manager

Michael B. Trausch michael.trausch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 14:12:34 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 13:45 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> You live in a free country that requires you to have a license to
> drive.
> Granted it's not software, but it emphasizes my point that freedom
> depends on the person's vantage point.

Or, for that matter, never really own a car or property.  You own the
title to said car or property, and that title is transferable in a
number of ways, including as part of a lawsuit wherein a settlement is
required and the title is worth enough to settle the lawsuit and the
person being sued does not have the funds to pay up.

What we Americans define as freedom is a curious thing, at least to me.

    --- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!
Support free speech---it is the most valuable freedom we have!