[ale] MBA schools

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Jun 21 14:27:24 EDT 2007

I know (from almost teaching there - turned down the offer as I was
going through their "instructor training") that UoP is one step away
from a diploma mill.

Online stuff is nice if it's done well. However, the teaching paradigm
used in on-line-only doesn't work very well.

I _strongly_ recommend a real, face-to-face educational environment. I
understand time pressures but there is no comparison. It's the
collaborative student/mentor process that makes it all click.

Of the schools in the metro Atlanta area, most have MBA's. Emory is very
well respected but the least flexible time wise and most expensive. Ga.
State has a very flexible time schedule, is affordable (especially if
it's your dime) and is also very well respected. UGA also has MBA
offerings using satellite schools. I can't speak to them other than to
note they exist. The GSU stuff also has some satellite classrooms as
well (I think).