[ale] Need ISAKMP Consultant

W. Keith Miller smeadspam100 at speedfactory.net
Thu Jun 21 07:44:10 EDT 2007

Chris Farris wrote:
> I'm having issues with an OpenBSD firewall talking to other OpenBSD
> firewalls and a Linux firewall via isakmp tunnels. We need someone with
> more familiarity with isakmp to come in and tell us why our tunnels keep
> locking up.
>
> If you've got isakmpd experience and are available for consulting in the
> next 48 hrs, please reply to me directly. Include your hourly rate and
> what your experience with isakmp has been. This need is ASAP.
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Chris,

I have some experience in OBSD's implementation isakmpd  but I'm no
where near available to be able to contract.
Without knowing the full situation and setup I can mention that you can
have isakmpd drop a binary log of exchanges to a pcap file then read it
with tcpdump.  You'll want to try an narrow things down to the key
exchange (isakmp),  the setting and tearing down of flows (ipsecctl), or
some firewall rule that's been put in place (pfctl).