[ale] OT: Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD

Matt Kubilus mattkubilus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 20:24:34 EDT 2007

I'm in the minority that doesn't pay a subscription for TV it seems.
Though I have an LCD digital television, go figure.  Maybe my
priorities are wrong, or maybe I'd rather watch movies.  Just having
480p in a nice wide screen format is pretty cool though.

In k-saw I can pickup several stations much cleaner with digital than
analog.  It seems some stations vary the output level.  I'll get prime
time tv (Lost) great, but the next show cuts out a lot.  Interesting.
Can't wait until I move closer to the city and can get better
reception.  'cept I'll be farther from the religious programming out
of Rome, GA, whatever shall I do.

On 6/18/07, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you get your television from Over-the-Air then you won't have to
> wait for it to break. When 2009 rolls around you won't be receiving
> any sort of signal.
>
> On 6/18/07, JK <jknapka at kneuro.net> wrote:
> > -- JK, has owned the same TV for 12 years, probably won't
> > bother to replace it if it breaks.
>

> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts
> pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it
> is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become
> drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

Don't be a pioneeer.  A pioneer is the guy with the arrow through his
chest.  -- John J. Rakos