[ale] OT: Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 19:35:14 EDT 2007

I know. That's why I said "almost being forced" and mentioned people
who pay for television. I don't think a lot of people are going to
spend $200, even with the government coupon, on a converter unless
they recently bought a new television; and then, they would have to
have bought it before this past February. When someone goes to Circuit
City, or elsewhere, to buy a converter for $200, and there is an LCD
television right next to it for $300, what do you think is going to
happen most of the time? We live in a society where people buy wheels
for their vehicles that cost more than their house. You think they are
going to pass up the opportunity for a new television when they can
just as easily use the converter? I don't.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59