[ale] Text Terminals (VT525 or similar)?

Michael B. Trausch michael.trausch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 23:38:48 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 14:52 -0600, JK wrote:

> I have what I believe to be a VT100 in my garage (it's under
> a bunch of boxes at the moment), which worked (as in, I could
> log into a Linux box using it) the last time I plugged it in,
> and which I'm willing to part with for the price of shipping.
> Not color, though.  If you're interested, I'll dig it out
> and see if it still works.

Does it have the capability to render color as scales of green, beige,
or white (whatever the primary display color is)?  If so that could
still be useful.  Does anyone know if those support underline and other
modes off of the top of their heads?  I know that most terminal
emulators that claim VT100 emulation support these things, but I am not
sure if that is an "aftermarket" extension or not.

    --- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!
Support free speech---it is the most valuable freedom we have!