[ale] Heya folks! Any suggestions for a geek moving to/near Atlanta?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 19:26:41 EDT 2007

On 6/10/07, Brian Schenken <brian.schenken at gmail.com> wrote:

> We're Atheists too, which I understand is even_worse_than_gay down
> there.

Even an atheist may find it interesting that possibly the nations
geekiest church is going to hit full stride this Sunday.

Buckhead Church has just moved into a new $50M building (near Tower
Place).  So far they have had real people giving the sermon, but this
Sunday they hit full stride with all 3 services being "Video Church".

A couple thousand people per service will show up to watch Andy
Stanley appear on 3 very large high-def projector screens.  (All
synchronized together.  Apparently that was a technology challenge
when they first did it at the old location a few years ago.)

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.  Hopefully even
the traffic will be under control since Tower Place has so many ways
in and out.

FYI: Plenty of empty seats if you're interested in seeing the
technology, but bring ear-plugs if your over 50.  They play their
music loud.  Who knows you might even like the sermon.  Andy targets
his sermons at the un-churched so at a minimum no one should get lost
in the theology.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer