[ale] Welcome back to the ALE list

Michael B. Trausch michael.trausch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 10:22:55 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 08:10 -0400, Daniel Howard wrote:

> Chris Farris wrote:
> > No, it didn't go away, your mail server wasn't bouncing messages, I
> > didn't leave in a huff.
> >
> > Sometime on Monday someone subscribed to the list with a unicode
> email
> > that didn't jive with the version of mailman ALE was running. So
> rather
> > than learning python, I dumped the list members, un-subscribed
> everyone,
> > and re-added everyone. Alas, I missed the flag "don't send
> unsubscribed
> > people email". Oops.  Anyway that didn't fix it, but upgrading to
> the
> > latest version of mailman did and all seems to be happy now.
> >
> > The other thing I fubared was not separating out the digest from
> regular
> > members. So if you are a digest member, you're getting individual
> emails
> > again. I apologize, you'll need to click on the link at the bottom
> and
> > re-sign up for the digest. I'll refund your money this month for
> the
> > inconvenience.
> >
> > That is all.
> >
> > Chris

Hrm.  I didn't get the original message, here.  But, that's alright.

Thanks for the time spent on the list!  :^)  It is greatly appreciated,
and I have to agree with the others: it is well worth the money and then
some.  I was certainly very confused with the rather slow mails and the
notice myself, and a bit worried that I did something to get the admin
kick of doom or something.  :-P

    --- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!
Support free speech---it is the most valuable freedom we have!