[ale] Heya folks! Any suggestions for a geek moving to/near Atlanta?

Joe Bayes jbayes at spoo.mminternet.com
Sun Jun 10 01:19:57 EDT 2007

Brian Schenken typeth:

>I'm wondering if you locals might recommend areas that a geeky family
>should (or shouldn't) consider settling down in.

I lived in Doraville and hated it, at least in part because there was
no neighborhood: just condos and a shopping center nearby, and nothing
that was safe to walk to. I liked Midtown better, but it's not exactly
in Northern Atlanta.

>Proximity to a Fry's is a consideration - so Duluth sounds kewl.

You'll be going to work 5x a week at rush hour, and to Fry's (I
expect) much less often (and probably outside of rush hour), so I
would think that proximity to work would be much more important than
proximity to Fry's. But YMMV.

>I keep hearing about Atlanta traffic - is it really that bad?

Depends. Where are you now? Compared to the Bay Area or LA, it'll be
(somewhat) better than you're used to. But not much. hth.

Joe
Joe Bayes -- jbayes at spoo.mminternet.com