[ale] [Possibly OT] Any AIM users out there?

Michael B. Trausch michael.trausch at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 01:38:49 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 01:12 -0400, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:

> If AOL is blocking GAIM users it's news to me, although wouldn't be
> surprising. I'm logged on to AIM right now using GAIM without any
> issues. If installing Pidgin solved the problem your friend had then
> it
> could have been a problem with the routines in an older version. Not
> like that wouldn't be the first time an update has had to be made to
> GAIM/Pidgin in order to work around a new "feature" an IM provider put
> in place to thwart third party clients.

I haven't experienced the issue directly, though I have been using
Pidgin for a little bit now, since I built my own version that I
backported from Gutsy to Feisty.  But I did have two people today tell
me that they had issues trying to sign into AIM today using GAIM, and
when they upgraded to Pidgin that fixed their problems, so, who knows.

It might be something selective, or just strange, but it isn't a local
problem since one user is in metro Atlanta and the other is in Toledo,
Ohio.  *shrugs*

    ? Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!
Support free speech---it is the most valuable freedom we have!