[ale] FF + Java + FC7

Michael Smith msmith at mikeandmel.com
Thu Jun 7 09:03:26 EDT 2007

I have had some major fun with FC7 and java the last couple of days.  I
pulled down the latest kernel and boom, I can no longer run the openfire
jabber server that serves my customers.  Luckily I was able to boot into the
previous kernel and I was up and running again.  I still haven't figured out
whats going on.  The compatibility libraries didn't help out.  I can't run
Java 6 on the latest kernel at all.  I'm just going to stay where I'm at
until I can get it to work on a Virtual Machine I have running.  Ugh...