[ale] meeting

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Sat Jul 21 21:32:47 EDT 2007

Fletcher W wrote:
> hey folks I'm new too your mailing list and i was wandering if i could
> get directions or at least the exact address too where Chugalug meets
> and i need too confirm that there will be a meeting on the 26th a
> friend and myself want too attend but we're in Valdosta Ga. five hour
> drive kinda want too know if somebody will be there
Hi Fletcher,

As far as I know there a three Linux groups with at least semi-regular
meetings in Ga.

1) The Ubuntu Georgia LoCo, a statewide group for users of Ubuntu Linux.
This is the mailing list you posted to. Most of their meetings occur
online. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GeorgiaUSTeam
2) CHUGALUG, a group for Linux users in Athens, GA. They meet once a
month on UGA's campus. http://www.uga.edu/chugalug/main.html and
ftp://linuxserv.uga.edu/pub/unix/linux
3) ALE, a group for Linux enthusiasts in Atlanta, GA.  Right now they
have two meetings a month; one in Decatur, GA and one in Suwanee, GA.
http://www.ale.org/ and ftp://ftp.ale.org/

 From Valdosta, I think the closest meeting to you is ALE's in Decatur.
These happen on the second Thursday of every month. Directions are at
http://www.ale.org/new/directions-to-ale-central/. There are usually two
to three dozen people in attendance.

-Brian