[ale] bash path problems

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu Jul 19 13:18:14 EDT 2007

Are you saying you can't edit /etc/bashrc or /etc/profile?  That would
seem to be the way to do it.

Of course you can always override the default PATH from those files by
doing PATH=whatever at the command line or in your $HOME/.bashrc or
$HOME/.profile.

Just don't do "PATH=$PATH:whatever" as that tells it to append whatever
to the END of the existing PATH meaning it will continue to use the one
from /etc/bashrc or profile.