[ale] OT: Alpharetta Power

Ned Williams nedj10 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 10:25:13 EDT 2007

A normal data center facility with a large scale gen-set will usually
exercise it once a month...So its most likely a function of their facilities
staff following protocol not an issue with the line power. Also...if their
ups was made in the last ohhhh 30 years and it is a facility UPS (as opposed
to one plugged into a wall socket regardless of the Volts/Amps) then it most
likely employs a standard transfer switch so its technically always on UPS
power with the line voltage supplying the recharge circuits....

I refuse to ginx myself so I will not comment on the reliability of power in
Alpharetta....

Ned