[ale] OT: Alpharetta Power

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Jul 17 08:19:15 EDT 2007

Chris,

This sounds like typical summer overloads. I see this behavior all over
town. My father-in-law worked for GP for decades. The "official" term is
"gremlins". Wave propagation of potential can also have echo and
reflection for sudden termination points (breaker trips, etc) that can
have an additive or subtractive effect on the system as a whole.

It can also be caused by improperly tightened connectors that are being
vibrated by things like AC equipment. This is the most likely culprit.