[ale] Notebook Recommendations?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 10:31:21 EDT 2007

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> I have had very good luck with Toshiba laptops, readily available from
> Wal*Mart.  Every one that I have used with Ubuntu has been fully
> supported, out-of-the-box (including wireless networking and video).  My
> present model is the Toshiba Satellite A55-S1064, if you're interested
> in knowing.

I also like the Toshiba laptops.  Currently use a A105-S2101 with a mix
of Debian "Testing" / "Unstable".

The only things that don't work 100% are the DVD media buttons on the
left side of the keyboard and the built-in modem.  Mainly because I have
devoted zero time to making these work and haven't needed them.
Everything else worked (virtually) "out of the box".