[ale] OT: maybe, it is for Linux use

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Fri Jul 13 16:54:47 EDT 2007

Brian Pitts wrote:
> Scott Castaline wrote:
>> Brian Pitts wrote:
>>> http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/countries/israel/index.html
>>>
>> I had received info from someone I knew that is actually Arab and the
>> individual had shown me info that basically showed no recognition of
>> Israel's existence. The area that is actually Israel was shown as
>> Palestine and its borders much different than Israel's. This individual
>> was what they called an Israeli sympathizer in the Arab world, which
>> eventually forced the individual to leave the area and move to another
>> country. The individual also indicated that when asked the people from
>> Fujitsu denied doing direct business with any "Jewish States". What this
>> link shows is probably from before Fujitsu's acquisition of Siemens.
>
> I suppose someone could forward these messages to
> Avi.BenYosef at fujitsu-siemens.com to get the inside scoop.
>
> -Brian

I can only say that the individual that showed me the info did come from
the area that we are talking about and was definitely Arab descent. They
also worked in the IT field, and that was how we had met, about 7 years
ago. They indicated that this was about a year before we had met. I had
also received an email from a rabbi shortley after that indicating a
similar accusation, which also called for boycotting all companies owned
by Fujitsu which included Subaru, of which he owned 2 cars by Subaru
prior to finding out about this.

I guess a lot can change in several years and it really surprised me
when I saw this as I couldn't think of a reason that Japanese people
would react this way. Both sources did however, indicate that Fujitsu
did not have the same reaction to Christianity in the area and Arabs
aren't too fond of Christians either. As far as they know that is the
only global company from Japan that conducted business this way.