[ale] A "high quality" domain name registration?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 00:19:50 EDT 2007

No experience with godaddy, but I blew a domainname once because I
used a registrar out of Germany to save some money.  I don't remember
the details, but it had to do with trying to transfer to a new
registrar or maybe I was moving ISPs.  Anyway I got frustrated and
just let the domain expire.

FYI: With Verisign now I have them host my DNS as part of their yearly
fee.  That works nice because I tend to use different hosting
companies for different reasons.  With Verisign, I just use the web
interface to manage it all myself, including moving my webpage from
one provider to another.

Greg

On 7/12/07, Allan Metts <ametts2 at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> godaddy.com presents a cluttered site, lots of adds, and provides
> domain name registrations for 8.95 a year.
>
> By contrast, register.com and networksolutions.com seem to be more
> "professional", but the same domain name registration costs $35 a year.
>
> What am I missing?  If I use godaddy.com, will I regret it later?  Do
> these other two companies offer more value somehow?
>
> A----

Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group
Forensics for the 21st Century