[ale] A "high quality" domain name registration?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Jul 12 17:27:21 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 17:08 -0400, Allan Metts wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> godaddy.com presents a cluttered site, lots of adds, and provides
> domain name registrations for 8.95 a year.
>
> By contrast, register.com and networksolutions.com seem to be more
> "professional", but the same domain name registration costs $35 a year.
>
> What am I missing?  If I use godaddy.com, will I regret it later?  Do
> these other two companies offer more value somehow?

Nope. They just suck up your cash faster.

Yes, godaddy is cluttered. It's their site and they try and sell you
anything they want. If you look closely there is a little link of "No
thanks. Just let me get to the checkout page" that skips the hogwash.

They have a clean app page for managing the domains you host with them.

register4less.com is a tad more money but they are sponsors of
UserFriendly.org (Yay! Illiad!) and they are also good people.