[ale] Some days are worse than others

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Jul 4 15:40:42 EDT 2007

Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 July 2007 15:12, Jim wrote:
> |  Then
> | if you just can't stand not having su, go ahead and make a root pw, but
> | don't disable sudo.
>
> I assure you I didn't intentionally disable sudo.  As far as I know, I
> didn't.  Right now I have given up on Kubuntu and am trying to install FC6,
> only my Cd drive can't read the last CD (#5) and the install fails to the
> point that on reboot the BIOS can't even find /boot!!!
>
> Of course, the CD drive in the machine I am typing this on has no problem
> reading the CD, so I guess the next step is to rip open this case and swap
> CD drives around.
>
> This is such fun!!  NOT!
>
> Sean

I have a "net install" FC6 cd.  I don't ever download all the CDs.  The
net install just requires that you point the system to a repository.
The trick is finding the right path.  Even with that sticking point, it
takes less time that downloading all the CDs.

I've installed FC4, FC5, FC6 Centos 4.3 Centos 4.4 Debian 3.1 and 3
different flavors of Ubuntu in the last few months, so I know exactly
what you mean.

Jim.