[ale] Anyone checked out Slackware 12 yet?

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Jul 4 15:05:53 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 09:46:39 pm Michael B. Trausch wrote:
>> Mine started very slowly.  I left it go all night long, and found it
>> waiting for me when I got up, so I burned it to DVD and gave it a whirl.
>> It was quite refreshing to have just a basic system (no KDE, since I
>> don't really like it).  Now if only LInux would adopt BSD jails (not
>> just that chroot stuff), I would be quite happy with using Slackware on
>> my server.

I don't know what you are wanting jails for, so this might not be of
interest.  After trying XEN, Vmware and some others, I finally settled
on OpenVZ.  It just seems to work.  Vmware is very slow unless you pay
and Xen support (forum) is monitored by a group of hot shots who delight
in shooting down anyone they detect is starting from scratch.  There are
a few helpful folks, but they are usually shouted down by the scum.  The
help I've gotten on the OpenVZ forum has been superb.

Jim.