[ale] GPL3

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Sun Jul 1 08:21:35 EDT 2007

Curious:   Did GPL allow for releasing modified code originally based on
it under a modified GPL license like GPL2 or GPL3?  If so for GPL that
seems like it included some amazing foresight.  I'm assuming not all the
source was rewritten so wonder if this might allow for some legal
challenges down the line on newer software released under GPL3 if it is
based on code originally released under GPL?