[ale] Debian & ZoneMinder

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Mon Jan 29 13:19:11 EST 2007

Brandon Colbert wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> I am trying to compile zoneminder on my debian box. When I run the
> ./configure script it fails here: configure: error: zm requires
> openssl/md5.h
>
> I have openssl and libssl installed on the server. I also, just for testing
> exporting the PATH to the md5.h file.
> echo $PATH
> /usr/include/openssl:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

PATH has nothing to do with where to find C headers;
it influences only the search for executables.  The
environment var you want is INCLUDE.  However,
/usr/include should be on the include path by
default.  Are you sure /usr/include/openssl/md5.h
exists?

> I also tried giving it a path:
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/include/openssl ./configure
> --with-webdir=/var/www/zoneminder
> --with-cgidir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin

Again, the LDFLAGS var has to do with linking, not
compilation.  To influence the search for headers,
you want "CFLAGS=-I/wherever/your/headers/are ./configure ..."

-- JK